Wednesday 13 June 2012

Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices


The Welcome Wagon--Vito Aiuto, a Brooklyn-based Presbyterian minister, and his wife Monique-- released a new album yesterday, through Sufjan's Asthmatic Kitty Records.

Vito explains:
“This album has a somewhat liturgical structure, ordered loosely like a worship service. It begins with the existential and cosmic dread of ‘I’m Not Fine,’ immediately followed by ‘My God, My God, Parts 1 & 2,’ a prayer that rails against God’s seeming absence from this world and our lives. The words are adapted from the prayer of Jesus while he hung on the cross.  
“It continues with the assurance of redemption (‘I Know That My Redeemer Lives’), which then extends to friendship with God and with one another (‘Rice & Beans,’ ‘High’).” 
Listen to the new album and read more about it here.

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, I just put this on to listen to for the first time a minute ago. I'm enjoying it very much so far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...